Welcome to the Wellington Sewing Centre
Now at 40 Coutts Street, Kilbirnie - Next door to Westpac.
We have everything you need for your sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting,felting, weaving and other handcraft projects - including lots of classes to hone your skills. And a free 30 minute lesson on any sewing machine or overlocker you buy from us!
Visit us in-store (or shop online in many cases) for:
- 7 brands of domestic sewing machines and overlockers, and their accessories and parts
- A huge range of yarns and other knitting, crocheting and felting essentials
- Hundreds of 100% cotton fabrics ideal for quilting and dressmaking
- A tasteful selection of quality dressmaking fabrics: linens, rayons, viscoses, cotton knits, merinos, wools and wool blends
- A selection of StyleArc, SewOverIt, Papercut and Little Kiwis Closet patterns
- All the basic materials used in quilting and sewing (e.g lining, batting, interfacing)
- An impressive range of sewing supplies, haberdashery and notions - threads, buttons, fasteners, zips, ribbons, trims, elastics, scissors, needles, pins, and other sewing, quilting and embroidery tools
- Sewing furniture
- Ironing presses
- Dress dummies
- LED lights - floor and desk models
- Ashford weaving and spinning equipment
- Cutting machines and die cutters
Please note - we won't be taking in machines for repair or servicing between 18 December 2019 and 20 January 2020. Our repairman is on holiday and we dont have any storage space!
We welcome phone calls and emails if you want to check that we have a particular item. Call 04 3874505 or 04 3874506 or email email@example.com and remember we are now at 40 COUTTS STREET, KILBIRNIE (about 200 metres away from our previous location)
Opening hours (slightly different from before):
9:30am to 5:00pm - Monday to Friday
10:00am to 4:00pm - Saturdays
Closed Sundays and all public holidays - including Good Friday, Easter Monday, ANZAC Day, Queen's Birthday and the Christmas/New Year statutory holidays.
We will be closed from Tuesday 24 December 2019 at 12.30pm to Friday 3 January 2020 at 9.30am. Merry Christmas!!