Welcome to Wellington Sewing Centre
We have everything you need for your sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, felting, weaving and other handcraft projects - including lots of classes to hone your skills. And a free 30 minute lesson on any sewing machine or overlocker you buy from us!
Visit us in-store, or shop online for:
- 7 brands (and about 70 models) of domestic sewing machines and overlockers, and their accessories and parts
- A huge range of yarns and other knitting, crocheting and felting essentials
- Hundreds of 100% cotton fabrics ideal for quilting and dressmaking
- A tasteful and growing selection of quality linens, rayons, viscoses, cotton knits, merinos, wools and wool blends for dressmaking
- A selection of StyleArc, SewOverIt, Papercut and Little Kiwis Closet patterns
- All the basic materials used in quilting and sewing (e.g lining, batting, interfacing)
- An impressive range of sewing supplies, haberdashery and notions - threads, buttons, fasteners, zips, ribbons, trims, elastics, scissors, needles, pins, and other sewing, quilting and embroidery tools
- Sewing furniture
- Ironing presses
- Dress dummies
- LED lights - floor and desk models
- Ashford weaving and spinning equipment
- Cutting machines and die cutters
We offer classes year-round in numerous crafts - for adults and children, beginners and others.
And we provide a reliable and rapid domestic sewing machine and overlocker repair service.
We welcome phone calls and emails if you want to check that we have a particular item. Call 04 3874505 or 04 3874506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE we are moving at the end of March to 40 Coutts Street Kilbirnie, about 200 metres away from our current location.
Opening hours :
9:00am - 5:30pm - Monday - Friday (but will be 9.30am to 5pm at our new shop)
10:00am - 4:00pm - Saturdays
Closed Sundays and all public holidays - including Good Friday, Easter Monday, ANZAC day, Queen's Birthday and the Christmas/New Year statutory holidays.)